The box brownie, available from 1900, allowed the first selfies to be taken but it took us another century to create a word for it!
It’s interesting that the earliest known use of the word was by an Australian!
For further information visit blog.oxforddictionaries.com
(Note: photo is from 1900 and Edwardian – wikimedia commons)
- School Holiday Program December 7, 2017
- Children’s Preschool Storytime December 6, 2017
- What’s on in the Library this week December 4, 2017
- 2017 Short Story Competition Winners December 1, 2017
- What’s Your Dewey? 331 Careers – A future of your own design. November 30, 2017