The box brownie, available from 1900, allowed the first selfies to be taken but it took us another century to create a word for it!
It’s interesting that the earliest known use of the word was by an Australian!
For further information visit blog.oxforddictionaries.com
(Note: photo is from 1900 and Edwardian – wikimedia commons)
- RBdigital App June 26, 2017
- Are you interested in joining a Book Club? June 26, 2017
- What’s on This Week June 26, 2017
- Information Session: Senior Road Users June 24, 2017
- What’s Your Dewey? 629.28 Driving Me To Distraction! June 22, 2017